The resplendent partnership of Alan Menken and Howard Ashman – which produced Disney hits Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid – first took root with this 1982 Off-Broadway musical, based on a low-budget Sixties film, about a man seeking love and fortune via a bloodthirsty plant. This revelatory revival from Maria Aberg embraces the work’s B-movie dichotomy: equal parts dark, gory fable and riotous carnival of delights.
- Strictly Speaking: The Launch Show
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: launch show – who impressed on the dance floor? Who was ‘horribly wooden’?
- Apollo 13: The Dark Side of the Moon, Original Theatre Online
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Why this year’s stripped-back series will put the focus firmly on the dancefloor
- What the Constitution Means to Me, Amazon Prime
- ICYMI - you can catch up on my launch show thoughts for @dancingtimes here dancing-times.co.uk/strictly-speak…, and my techniqu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 minutes ago
- Nearly #Strictly time! https://t.co/Taxi0QjGJb 17 minutes ago
- A fab weekend of arts-y fun: #Bubble @NottmPlayhouse this afternoon, followed by #Strictly. Tomorrow @theRTF1839's… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago