Musicals Week – where ballroom comes to die. Well, not entirely, but it did feel for much of the evening as though we were watching the backdoor pilot episode of spin-off Strictly Come Auditioning For The West End (Who Are We Kidding – Touring Will Do). From Mollie getting 9s (9s!) for open-mouthed contempowaft with an illegal lift, rather than actual rumba, to Joe and Katya battling the extraordinary cognitive dissonance of Brazilian party dance samba and Cabaret, this was a show entirely overtaken by themes.
- BWW Interview: Alice Hamilton
- ‘There’s not much funny about delivering for a supermarket’: the comic taken off stage by lockdown
- British comedians in lockdown: ‘They’re in Amazon warehouses and Sainsbury’s vans’
- Operation Sleeping Beauty meets reality: what hope is there for theatre this Christmas?
- The Crown’s greatest insult: why Charles would never have called Mountbatten a ‘quisling’
- The world's saddest superhero #strictly #scd twitter.com/Ariadne_Griffi… 13 minutes ago
- ...it's not Janette's choreo #strictly #scd 14 minutes ago
- LOL #strictly #scd https://t.co/45dy42Rn5D 15 minutes ago