- Beverley Knight: ‘I’m a black Fairy Godmother, for all the little girls who look like me’
- ‘Galleries are safe, but visitors need to feel that’: can the Royal Academy survive without funding?
- Can the Tate galleries survive in an era of mass Covid fear?
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s vaccine joy: ‘Phantom will return in June’
- ‘The vaccine is a start, but it’s not a magic wand’
- Can't wait! #scd #strictly twitter.com/julietmusical/… 1 hour ago
- @pamibells Hope he's next week... 1 hour ago
- @lally55p Ooh fab! I loved the West End revival a few years back #scd #strictly 1 hour ago
Tag Archives: movie week
Strictly’s messy Movie Week saw dances engulfed by themes – none more so than Jason Bell’s Death Star of a paso doble. In space, no one can hear you “Olé!”. Read my full Telegraph article here
Sigh. A theme week. The triumph of the dressing-up box and the selling of Strictly’s soul to Disney. This Movie Week had its particularly trying moments (Pokémon, I ask you), although a few couples transcended, or even utilised, their themes … Continue reading
My Oscar winners for Movie Week were Kelvin Fletcher, Michelle Visage and Catherine Tyldesley. Though Fletcher didn’t land the clean routine suggested by nabbing this year’s first 10s, with some lift hiccups, he excelled in both the Charleston basics (strong “swivel” foot action) and … Continue reading
Ah, Movie Week – two words about as likely to deliver satisfaction as “Southern Rail”, “Theresa May” or “Topshop feminism”. So, it comes as little surprise (though sinking disappointment) to see couples slathered in Minions yellow or trying to jam … Continue reading
Ah, Movie Week, AKA Can You Remotely Recognise The Dance Under Ten Layers of Theming Week. This was no exception – I had to keep checking my notes to see which dance was supposedly being represented. Also: Trolls. I’m just … Continue reading
Theme weeks are normally a horror fest of props and rampant theming, but – miracle of miracles – this was actually a strong Movie Week, with mercifully little faff in the actual dances (VTs were another story) and plenty of … Continue reading
Ah, Strictly theme weeks. Regular readers will know I look forward to these about as much as emergency root canal surgery with a rusty saw. We reached a nadir last year with the addition of Donnie (Baby!) Osmond during Movie Week. On … Continue reading