- Strictly Speaking: Week 8
- Strictly Week 8: Whose technique failed them in a dramatic dance?
- Strictly Speaking: Week 7
- Strictly Come Dancing Week 7: Whose Latin technique got them in trouble?
- Strictly Come Dancing – with its first same-sex dance tomorrow, is the show keeping in step with the modern dance world?
- Keeeeeep reading! All my #Strictly @TeleTVRadio pieces are FREE for 25 hours - check them out here… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT @clairywoowoo: @mkmswain @thejudijames @ciaramarianolan and @michaelhogan all offer brilliant insight into #Strictly every week, and you… 1 hour ago
- I journeyed through the world of #HisDarkMaterials and discovered my daemon is a gecko! You can find out what your… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Tag Archives: ham & high
How apt that Peter Oswald’s play should coincide with Shakespeare’s 450th birthday. Undoubtedly, the Bard is a touchstone for this unwieldy epic. And yet the comparison does Lucifer Saved at the Lion & Unicorn no favours. The master communicates universal themes … Continue reading
Yet another classic film-turned-musical hits the West End with the arrival of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, but unlike recent turkey Fatal Attraction, this story of conmen peddling tall tales to heiresses in a fantasy French Riviera is ripe for the razzle-dazzle … Continue reading
Indefatigable character actor David Ryall, stalwart of Olivier’s Old Vic and Peter Hall’s National, now best known to youngsters as Dumbledore’s pal and Grandad in Outnumbered, finally graduates to leading man in Darker Purpose Theatre’s King Lear at The Cockpit. … Continue reading
Fresh from Skyfall triumph, Sam Mendes swaps Bond for the Bard and Daniel Craig for long-time collaborator Simon Russell Beale in a wonderfully lucid King Lear, certain to please aficionados and win over newcomers. Mendes’s Lear is the tyrant of … Continue reading
Playwright Nick Payne set an astronomically high standard with last year’s award-winning quantum-physics romcom Constellations, but his follow-up, The Same Deep Water As Me, a jocular dig at the ‘no win, no fees’ claims culture, is disappointingly slight in comparison. Inspired by … Continue reading
What are some of the most dubious links you’ve seen today? From party planning and overpriced showers to avenging spirits and Mills & Boon, here are my top five offenders. Read my Huffington Post blog here