- Strictly Speaking: Week 8
- Strictly Week 8: Whose technique failed them in a dramatic dance?
- Strictly Speaking: Week 7
- Strictly Come Dancing Week 7: Whose Latin technique got them in trouble?
- Strictly Come Dancing – with its first same-sex dance tomorrow, is the show keeping in step with the modern dance world?
- Keeeeeep reading! All my #Strictly @TeleTVRadio pieces are FREE for 25 hours - check them out here… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT @clairywoowoo: @mkmswain @thejudijames @ciaramarianolan and @michaelhogan all offer brilliant insight into #Strictly every week, and you… 1 hour ago
- I journeyed through the world of #HisDarkMaterials and discovered my daemon is a gecko! You can find out what your… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
Tag Archives: choreography
Strictly Come Dancing pro Oti Mabuse discusses making her musical theatre choreography debut with Ain’t Misbehavin’. Read my full Dancing Times interview here
My articles in the May issue of Dancing Times magazine, out now: The master storyteller Olivier Award-winning choreographer Drew McOnie on the value of narrative dance Stepping Out Same-sex European champions Stefan Lehner and Axel Zischka venture into new spaces New in the Dancing Times section: Motown the Musical … Continue reading
Lloyd Newson’s DV8 company takes a big risk in fusing two opposing elements – metaphorical movement and verbatim drama – but it pays off with gripping new work JOHN. DV8, which previously tackled Islamic fundamentalism and homophobia, here confronts the harrowing life of a social outsider, the eponymous John (Hannes Langolf), … Continue reading
It is no exaggeration to say that Lloyd Newson has created a new theatrical language. Verbatim drama and intricate choreography would seem, on paper, to be fatally competing elements, yet Newson’s hypnotic fusion charges both word and movement with fresh … Continue reading
My articles in the June issue of Dance Today, out now: Keep holding on Does the ballroom hold limit dancers and choreographers? We ask the experts, including Strictly‘s Darren Bennett and Lilia Kopylova Rootin’ tootin’ wooing Dodgy gender politics aside, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is barnstorming hit … Continue reading