The show must go on: it’s been the rallying cry of our beleaguered industry, the message emblazoned on Theatre Support Fund+’s T-shirts and mugs. On Saturday night, we saw that fighting spirit in person, as Janie Dee, co-producer and star of this concert version of Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler’s A Little Night Music, marched into a pitiless downpour and cried to the heavens, “Don’t you love farce?!”. As far as spine-tinglingly theatrical moments go, that one will be hard to top.
- BWW Interview: Alice Hamilton
- ‘There’s not much funny about delivering for a supermarket’: the comic taken off stage by lockdown
- British comedians in lockdown: ‘They’re in Amazon warehouses and Sainsbury’s vans’
- Operation Sleeping Beauty meets reality: what hope is there for theatre this Christmas?
- The Crown’s greatest insult: why Charles would never have called Mountbatten a ‘quisling’
- Actually crying #Taskmaster 4 hours ago
- ‘Delicates’ #Taskmaster https://t.co/4UF9bOQsgr 4 hours ago
- Peak 2020 #Taskmaster twitter.com/taskmaster/sta… 4 hours ago