The show must go on: it’s been the rallying cry of our beleaguered industry, the message emblazoned on Theatre Support Fund+’s T-shirts and mugs. On Saturday night, we saw that fighting spirit in person, as Janie Dee, co-producer and star of this concert version of Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheeler’s A Little Night Music, marched into a pitiless downpour and cried to the heavens, “Don’t you love farce?!”. As far as spine-tinglingly theatrical moments go, that one will be hard to top.
- Strictly Come Dancing 2022 first live show: Will Mellor and Hamza Yassin top the week 1 leaderboard
- The must-see Tony Award-winning shows in London
- Strictly Come Dancing 2022 Launch Show live: Helen Skelton, Tony Adams and more meet their partners
- Get tickets to these popular shows back in London
- Is there still hope for new, original musicals?
- twitter.com/joelycett/stat… https://t.co/qcVZkfh0vC 10 hours ago
- RT @mkmswain: Early 9s, the Ellies thrive, and an own goal from Tony Adams: catch up on all the #Strictly Week 1 action here! https://t.co/… 13 hours ago
- @Jason_SW1 Afraid not! The magazine has closed 1 day ago