Celebrities can get away with a certain amount on Strictly by adding comedy elements or a cheeky grin, but those “triers” are often exposed by the more serious dances – unless, like John Sergeant’s infamous paso doble, their playing it straight is itself hilarious. This week’s eliminated contestant, Mike Bushell, couldn’t repeat the feat in his paso: though partner Katya Jones choreographed a dramatic piece, it still showed up technical failures like his lack of fluidity in transitions between steps, and shaping that aimed for flamenco and came out more like scarecrow.
- Strictly Come Dancing is late to the party with same-sex couples: men have been dance partners for centuries
- Even in his 90s, Stephen Sondheim could dance circles around Hamilton
- Ricky Gervais: SuperNature, London Palladium
- Strictly should be congratulated for introducing an all-male pairing – but is it fair?
- Titania McGrath: Mxnifesto, Leicester Square Theatre
- VERY psyched for the #Strictly 2021 line-up! Who are you rooting for? telegraph.co.uk/tv/2021/09/18/… #strictlycomedancing #scd2021 #strictly2021 8 hours ago
- More #Strictly reading for you! #scd #scd2021 #strictly2021 #strictlycomedancing twitter.com/mkmswain/statu… 8 hours ago
- Get the latest on all the #Strictly pairings here! telegraph.co.uk/tv/2021/09/18/… #scd2021 #strictlycomedancing #scd #strictly2021 9 hours ago