Celebrities can get away with a certain amount on Strictly by adding comedy elements or a cheeky grin, but those “triers” are often exposed by the more serious dances – unless, like John Sergeant’s infamous paso doble, their playing it straight is itself hilarious. This week’s eliminated contestant, Mike Bushell, couldn’t repeat the feat in his paso: though partner Katya Jones choreographed a dramatic piece, it still showed up technical failures like his lack of fluidity in transitions between steps, and shaping that aimed for flamenco and came out more like scarecrow.
- Strictly Come Dancing 2022 first live show: Will Mellor and Hamza Yassin top the week 1 leaderboard
- The must-see Tony Award-winning shows in London
- Strictly Come Dancing 2022 Launch Show live: Helen Skelton, Tony Adams and more meet their partners
- Get tickets to these popular shows back in London
- Is there still hope for new, original musicals?
- @suzanalou Completely agree! 3 hours ago
- Wow, what an opening show! Catch up on all the action with my full talking points here #strictly… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- @strictlyblog https://t.co/lbTOFFzZwA 5 hours ago