It’s a #MeToo-era Measure for Measure over at the Donmar, with Josie Rourke conducting a fascinating experiment: abridging Shakespeare’s problem play to just over an hour and running it twice, once in period, once in modern dress. And with the key roles of Isabella and Angelo swapped between Hayley Atwell and Jack Lowden.
- BWW Interview: Alice Hamilton
- ‘There’s not much funny about delivering for a supermarket’: the comic taken off stage by lockdown
- British comedians in lockdown: ‘They’re in Amazon warehouses and Sainsbury’s vans’
- Operation Sleeping Beauty meets reality: what hope is there for theatre this Christmas?
- The Crown’s greatest insult: why Charles would never have called Mountbatten a ‘quisling’
- RT @JackDMurphy: The best thing I’ve learned this week is that when squirrels fall/jump - they land like superheroes https://t.co/XuY80hCuNp 21 minutes ago
- @heidistephens https://t.co/DA0OEBAZAZ 25 minutes ago
- RT @TeleTheatre: Are the Government making up the rules as they go along? Kenny Wax of SIX is unimpressed. telegraph.co.uk/theatre/what-t… 18 hours ago