This highly anticipated new play from 84-year-old Alan Bennett premieres at the Bridge, continuing his long-standing relationship with Nicholas Hytner. It’s an exciting get, and there are wonderful flashes of Bennett wit, wisdom and stirring empathy, but also polemical outbursts and baggy plotting that lead to a ponderous and not entirely justified run time.
- Strictly Speaking: The Launch Show
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: launch show – who impressed on the dance floor? Who was ‘horribly wooden’?
- Apollo 13: The Dark Side of the Moon, Original Theatre Online
- Strictly Come Dancing 2020: Why this year’s stripped-back series will put the focus firmly on the dancefloor
- What the Constitution Means to Me, Amazon Prime
- Actually weeping at Johnny Vegas #Taskmaster 9 hours ago
- RT @anitathetweeter: It’s too late for this year’s Booker shortlist but Pat Sharp has written a book in which he inserts himself into histo… 9 hours ago
- RT @CharlotteAlter: Exhibit #45920 of "Stupider people than you have done this" twitter.com/zachraffio/sta… 9 hours ago