“It just seems to be a thing that we do, this incomprehensible violence thing.” So says the narrator of Dennis Kelly’s new one-woman play, performed in a staggering tour-de-force from Carey Mulligan. She’s been reflecting on an American mass shooting (and the fact that yet another has taken place just this week is sickening) and wondering whether violence is innate, and if so, whether it’s a particularly male impulse.
- BWW Interview: Alice Hamilton
- ‘There’s not much funny about delivering for a supermarket’: the comic taken off stage by lockdown
- British comedians in lockdown: ‘They’re in Amazon warehouses and Sainsbury’s vans’
- Operation Sleeping Beauty meets reality: what hope is there for theatre this Christmas?
- The Crown’s greatest insult: why Charles would never have called Mountbatten a ‘quisling’
- Maisie doing a hasty pivot to 'I'm just having fun, PLEASE LIKE ME'. (I like you Maisie) #strictly #scd 1 minute ago
- Oh LOL after all that, MORE 8S! Bless our absolute loony judges #strictly #scd 3 minutes ago
- 🤢 #strictly #scd 3 minutes ago