The curtain rises just high enough to reveal a long line of tapping feet: a thoroughly appropriate intro, as those feet are the real stars of the show. The plot might centre around a leading lady battle, but this loving backstage fairy tale is really a paean to the chorus – the hard-working foundation upon which musical comedy (“the two most glorious words in the English language,” per the show) is built.
- Strictly Come Dancing is late to the party with same-sex couples: men have been dance partners for centuries
- Even in his 90s, Stephen Sondheim could dance circles around Hamilton
- Ricky Gervais: SuperNature, London Palladium
- Strictly should be congratulated for introducing an all-male pairing – but is it fair?
- Titania McGrath: Mxnifesto, Leicester Square Theatre
- VERY psyched for the #Strictly 2021 line-up! Who are you rooting for? telegraph.co.uk/tv/2021/09/18/… #strictlycomedancing #scd2021 #strictly2021 7 hours ago
- More #Strictly reading for you! #scd #scd2021 #strictly2021 #strictlycomedancing twitter.com/mkmswain/statu… 7 hours ago
- Get the latest on all the #Strictly pairings here! telegraph.co.uk/tv/2021/09/18/… #scd2021 #strictlycomedancing #scd #strictly2021 8 hours ago