The curtain rises just high enough to reveal a long line of tapping feet: a thoroughly appropriate intro, as those feet are the real stars of the show. The plot might centre around a leading lady battle, but this loving backstage fairy tale is really a paean to the chorus – the hard-working foundation upon which musical comedy (“the two most glorious words in the English language,” per the show) is built.
- Strictly Come Dancing 2022 first live show: Will Mellor and Hamza Yassin top the week 1 leaderboard
- The must-see Tony Award-winning shows in London
- Strictly Come Dancing 2022 Launch Show live: Helen Skelton, Tony Adams and more meet their partners
- Get tickets to these popular shows back in London
- Is there still hope for new, original musicals?
- @suzanalou Completely agree! 1 hour ago
- Wow, what an opening show! Catch up on all the action with my full talking points here #strictly… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- @strictlyblog https://t.co/lbTOFFzZwA 4 hours ago