The Globe is breaking bad.Cymbeline comes to us as Imogen – subtitled Renamed and Reclaimed, properly recognising that Imogen has far more to say than her royal father – but that’s just the start of Matthew Dunster’s bold, urban revamp. The king runs a coke empire. The exiles have a weed greenhouse. The court dresses in Adidas tracksuits, Cloten is a football hooligan, while Skepta and Sicario soundtrack strip lighting-illuminated tableaux, revealed by the parting of slaughterhouse plastic curtains.
- Beverley Knight: ‘I’m a black Fairy Godmother, for all the little girls who look like me’
- ‘Galleries are safe, but visitors need to feel that’: can the Royal Academy survive without funding?
- Can the Tate galleries survive in an era of mass Covid fear?
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s vaccine joy: ‘Phantom will return in June’
- ‘The vaccine is a start, but it’s not a magic wand’
- Can't wait! #scd #strictly twitter.com/julietmusical/… 5 hours ago
- @pamibells Hope he's next week... 5 hours ago
- @lally55p Ooh fab! I loved the West End revival a few years back #scd #strictly 5 hours ago