Beth Steel, who scored at hit at the Hampstead in 2014 with a play about the 1980s miners’ strike, has dipped back into history to create one with sickening relevance to the current financial crisis. It’s 1978, and Wall Street is packed with cowboys gleefully eyeing up their new frontier: Latin America.
- BWW Interview: Alice Hamilton
- ‘There’s not much funny about delivering for a supermarket’: the comic taken off stage by lockdown
- British comedians in lockdown: ‘They’re in Amazon warehouses and Sainsbury’s vans’
- Operation Sleeping Beauty meets reality: what hope is there for theatre this Christmas?
- The Crown’s greatest insult: why Charles would never have called Mountbatten a ‘quisling’
- Actually crying #Taskmaster 4 hours ago
- ‘Delicates’ #Taskmaster https://t.co/4UF9bOQsgr 4 hours ago
- Peak 2020 #Taskmaster twitter.com/taskmaster/sta… 4 hours ago