Gunshots! Flames! Shirtless dancing hunks! And that’s just the first five minutes. This eye-wateringly bombastic musical has all the production values, subtlety levels and narrative logic of a Donald Trump rally. Thoughtful, incisive drama? Er, no. Winningly OTT kitsch with killer song delivery? Hell yes. Come for the copious dry ice and cheese-tastic effects – stay for the “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” encore singalong.
- Strictly Come Dancing is late to the party with same-sex couples: men have been dance partners for centuries
- Even in his 90s, Stephen Sondheim could dance circles around Hamilton
- Ricky Gervais: SuperNature, London Palladium
- Strictly should be congratulated for introducing an all-male pairing – but is it fair?
- Titania McGrath: Mxnifesto, Leicester Square Theatre
- VERY psyched for the #Strictly 2021 line-up! Who are you rooting for? telegraph.co.uk/tv/2021/09/18/… #strictlycomedancing #scd2021 #strictly2021 6 hours ago
- More #Strictly reading for you! #scd #scd2021 #strictly2021 #strictlycomedancing twitter.com/mkmswain/statu… 7 hours ago
- Get the latest on all the #Strictly pairings here! telegraph.co.uk/tv/2021/09/18/… #scd2021 #strictlycomedancing #scd #strictly2021 7 hours ago