The death of a child is an unnatural loss. There’s no reassurance that the departed lived a full life, rather the jagged edge of one cut short. In the case of Becca and Howie, it’s also nonsensical: their perfectly healthy four-year-old son struck by a car in a freak accident while chasing their dog onto a quiet suburban street. How to find meaning in such absurd horror?
- BWW Interview: Alice Hamilton
- ‘There’s not much funny about delivering for a supermarket’: the comic taken off stage by lockdown
- British comedians in lockdown: ‘They’re in Amazon warehouses and Sainsbury’s vans’
- Operation Sleeping Beauty meets reality: what hope is there for theatre this Christmas?
- The Crown’s greatest insult: why Charles would never have called Mountbatten a ‘quisling’
- @stevenperkins Yes, they almost didn't need them at all really. If it's not the celeb's strength, ditch them #strictly #scd 10 minutes ago
- Bog off, Craig. I'm more interested in the dancing than the lifts - and these suited the vibe they were going for #strictly #scd 12 minutes ago
- Gaw-jus. MUCH preferred that #strictly #scd 15 minutes ago