Ah, Strictly theme weeks. Regular readers will know I look forward to these about as much as emergency root canal surgery with a rusty saw. We reached a nadir last year with the addition of Donnie (Baby!) Osmond during Movie Week. On the upside: no Donnie. On the downside: everything else. I’ve never longed so much for a mass elimination to put everyone – pros, celebs, judges, viewers – out of their misery. Let’s begin with whichever producer is convinced that the addition of dog tails, lightsabers and woeful puns equals three billion extra viewers. How about keeping the ones you’ve got?
- BWW Interview: Alice Hamilton
- ‘There’s not much funny about delivering for a supermarket’: the comic taken off stage by lockdown
- British comedians in lockdown: ‘They’re in Amazon warehouses and Sainsbury’s vans’
- Operation Sleeping Beauty meets reality: what hope is there for theatre this Christmas?
- The Crown’s greatest insult: why Charles would never have called Mountbatten a ‘quisling’
- The world's saddest superhero #strictly #scd twitter.com/Ariadne_Griffi… 1 minute ago
- ...it's not Janette's choreo #strictly #scd 2 minutes ago
- LOL #strictly #scd https://t.co/45dy42Rn5D 3 minutes ago