The end is nigh in April De Angelis’s subversive new work. Free-spirited, octogenarian artist Virgie’s (Marty Cruickshank) family and friends find they’ve been gathered not to celebrate her birthday, but her death. Rather than suffer the indignities of ageing, Virgie plans to commit suicide by striding into the sea.
- Beverley Knight: ‘I’m a black Fairy Godmother, for all the little girls who look like me’
- ‘Galleries are safe, but visitors need to feel that’: can the Royal Academy survive without funding?
- Can the Tate galleries survive in an era of mass Covid fear?
- Andrew Lloyd Webber’s vaccine joy: ‘Phantom will return in June’
- ‘The vaccine is a start, but it’s not a magic wand’
- Can't wait! #scd #strictly twitter.com/julietmusical/… 3 hours ago
- @pamibells Hope he's next week... 3 hours ago
- @lally55p Ooh fab! I loved the West End revival a few years back #scd #strictly 3 hours ago