- Why were the female celebs styled as little girls? Did anyone else find the overabundance of ribbons, cupcakes dresses, ponytails and ringlets uncomfortably cloying?
- Poor salsa. Please, producers, either drop it altogether or get some salsa pros on so we know what we’re actually aiming for – and/or use remotely appropriate music, rather than merging it with drunken disco.
- Much discussion on Twitter about tactical voting so as to avoid the judges forcing an unwanted result on us. How about we keep it simple and ditch the dance-off from the quarter-final onwards? POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
- Why oh why were we subjected to nauseating messages from random members of the public in all the VTs? I shall not comment on them further, other than to award Borrowed family prop points. And pray for the arrival of the Child Catcher.
- Finally, Darcey. Where to begin? It’s not that I mind you handing out random 10s (well, that’s a lie – did you know that whenever you use your 10 paddle, a fairy dies?), but if you’re going to pretend something’s perfect, DON’T POINT OUT A FLAW IN YOUR CRITIQUE. See: telling Natalie she was too careful in her salsa, agreeing Abbey had sickled feet in the American smooth lifts.
Best in Show
- Best performance: Natalie’s Argentine tango Scored less than her clinical salsa, cause that’s just how those crazy judges roll, but as close as this pristine pair have come to dancing as a convincing couple, rather than two soloists who just happened to be on the same stage dancing the same steps OH HOW EMBARRASSING. Simmering intensity, technically assured.
- Best costume: Sophie’s 1980s bridesmaid look Wonderfully dated electric-blue off-the-shoulder slashed dress and fountain ponytail. Here’s one we recycled earlier!
- Best move: Anya’s Iveta tribute random leg lift/crotch flash Oh, Iveta. The world is so grey without you.
- Best line: Len re: Sophie: “Her biggest competition is HERSELF.” Someone’s been in LA too long…